Puppet & The Foreman & Powershell DSC – The Road So Far.
During last few weeks I was able to push and heavy test puppet-dsc code in a lots of environments and setups.
We had sysprepped Windows Server 2012 R2 images (different versions, builds and setups), a lots of Windows 10 Professional Workstations (Original, 1511, 1607 builds), few Windows 8.1 Pro – really great statistic sample.
As for now:
- Windows Server 2012 and Windows 2012 R2 – fully supported
- Windows 8.1/10 (original)/10 (1511) – fully supported
- Windows Server 2016/Windows 10 (1607) – unsupported due to parsing bug in Powershell 5.1 – Work in progress
- Windows 7/8 – not tested
- Windows 2008 R2 – not tested
- Chocolatey – with features and sources support (adding, removing, modyfing)
More code is coming, but this fine set allows you to deploy and manage a lots of types of servers and workstations.